Re: [ga] Homeland has found ICANN Members!

  • To: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Homeland has found ICANN Members!
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:27:32 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well Jefsey,

  I have been called a junkyard dog. Truth be rendered, some will tell ya i died a few times and i taken some friends with me. I figure i do not suffer from pride. But you right now are messing around with my soveiregnty and i do suggest that is like spittin in my eye, which is a wrongful thing to think much less do. You do not pay my taxes and get over it, my governent owns your internet. That is some tough crow but eat it. Not Canada, not Mexico or China own it. My USAgov owns it. And they let you play in it.
  If you do not comprend arpanet then shut up. It is my gov that runs this baby and until EU or China or Africa can whoop our hiney, shut up on these issues.

JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  http://www.fcw.com/article92363-02-17-06-Web&RSS=yes

"Some countries want to control the Internet for their own purposes"
(ex. the US Congress).
"while others want to integrate it into their existing political
models", Twomey said. I would say in their own culture. Guess what?
Without having for that to integrate the US model an culture in their
political and cultural model.

"Although ICANN is based in the United States, the U.S. government
does not regulate it, said Jonathan Frankel, director of law
enforcement and information sharing policy in the Homeland Security
Department's Office of Policy, Planning and International Affairs.
The government provides only administrative [police?] oversight to
ensure that the organization adequately screens [have you been
screened?] new members [BoD Members? Staff? DNS Server voluntaries?]
and performs its assigned duties [obey the orders?], Frankel said."

For years we were told ICANN was a no member corporation. But
Homeland found them, screened them, makes the permform, and obey.
jfc