[ga] Re: [Politech] Yahoo, AOL, Goodmail and Politech: Paying so email goes through? [sp]

  • To: Declan McCullagh <declan@xxxxxxxx>, cindy@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [Politech] Yahoo, AOL, Goodmail and Politech: Paying so email goes through? [sp]
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 01:59:25 -0800
  • Cc: Dave Farber <farber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cindy and all,

I seem to recall vint cerf was in favor to taxing email.  I however am
in agreement with cindy on this score...  As vint is with google,
could it be that google mail will be next to take up taxing email?
Given googles huge recent stock drop, perhaps google is
needing or wanting to show it's stock holders some additional
revenue comming in??