Re: [ga] US Lawmakers Lambaste US Tech Firms for Submitting to Censorship Pressure Abroad
- To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, essential ecom <ecommerce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [ga] US Lawmakers Lambaste US Tech Firms for Submitting to Censorship Pressure Abroad
- From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:26:54 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=y/n9yLLOnWF2p/EySMbDYSMknZzATayMwd3yAD13OsRE0GbQ7P1ULxTYo+Km6if/Wz+foYaL+8EGj+y5iktgPEmA1bV+scCASeITWq12gsntrv+vV6wxsZ4JJnmljMyW4KqYcsrLNF2B5taMB1rPFywko6dbhuL5+iYGyz63j5s= ;
- In-reply-to: <43F6DCBE.49B5E161@ix.netcom.com>
- Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now Jeff correct me if i am sos but, are these kids out of line?
I mean i read and did not find one who had lost a gonad in battle.
These folkees makes me tear not. They ain' t lost child or ever dodged a bullet.
Now fix me up if i be wrong, but you cannot make them shut up. I been whooped but where do these folks come from? Have they even suffured Sars??
End of grief.
Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(16/15 February 2006)
At a US House of Representatives Committee on International Relations
hearing this week, US lawmakers took four US companies to task for their
business practices in China. Microsoft, Yahoo, Google and Cisco Systems
were criticized for bowing to pressure from the Chinese government as
manifested in censoring web sites and providing the Chinese government
with customer information that led to arrests. Legislators asserted
that the companies appeared to be motivated by profits and that they
neglected "social responsibility." The companies welcome the US
government's guidance in their efforts to "expand in nations with poor
human rights records," but cautioned that pulling out of those countries
could encourage the growth of competitors that do not share the US
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obediance of the law is the greatest freedom" -
"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt
"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng. INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827
What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos