Re: [ga] advisor to ICANN

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] advisor to ICANN
  • From: "kidsearch" <kidsearch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 12:31:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Funny, in one paragraph she describes ICANN perfectly.

"ICANN Structure - ICANN after the WSIS process needs to undergo some more
reform. How do we manage to get a true multistakeholder process going in
ICANN? So far it's a private company with a Board of Directors - should
Government representatives (especially) and Civil Society representatives be
allowed voting positions on the Board?"

Then wants to keep it private obviously according to the next paragraph.

"ALAC Structure - there has been a lot of discussion on the At Large
Structure - right now, it's organised as: organisations join as At Large
Strutures, then they form Regional At Large Organistions, which send
representatives to the At Large Advisory Council, which then has a liaison
with the Board. This seems too removed for some ALAC members. BUT I think
that we need to adopt the idea of "don't wash dirty linen in public!" If we
continue to badtalk our own organisation to other groups, we weaken our
position. This is BAD."

She probably got that from touton.

Chris McElroy
http://www.disastervictims.org