Re: [ga] Karl's comments at the 2003 Senate hearings on allocation systems

Yes, as I said, there will always be songbird.com for those that want a
hobby, but even many government websites now have adsense code built into
their websites. Gov sites are generally for information, I'm sure you would
agree, however, economics has also reached them.

And if the DoC doesn't oversee ICANN, who oversees the Internet as much as
anyone ever will, which branch of government does? You gloss over the fact
that the Internet was placed under the control of the department of commerce
simply because it backs up what I said about the Internet being a tool of
commerce.

I back up my comments about the way people "think" of their domain names and
websites by having had hundereds of clients over the years who tell me what
they "think" of their domain names and website. I read articles by people
who say what they "think" of their domain names and websites.

As far as how you like to think about them, I refer to your website,
songbird.com and to what the about us page tells me.

Songbird provides information and network services, including low cost Web
service, network consulting, and custom web applications.
Songbird is set up to best serve small to medium sites -- home pages for
individuals, artists, and small businesses -- especially small
Internet-based businesses. We offer extensive support for individuals doing
web development for others.

Rates for web page development and consulting contracts are negotiated on a
case-by-case basis. See our rates for hosting web pages, and similar
services.

So, you have an "advertisement" on the web. Your website is about selling
your services. Funny thing is, your website just proved my point.