Re: [ga] Re: On new TLDs/The poor poor man

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, kidsearch wrote:

What I am talking about is that we put a limit on the number of tlds one comapny can offer or manage or whatever.

It can be very difficult to identify "one company". It is quite easy, and relatively inexpensive, to create a constellation of corporations to act as TLD-owning strawman.

If you want to dredge into chains of ownership and control you are going to have to create a substantial investigative arm and add a of cost and delay and room for wiggling and disputes.

Again - we ought not to try to solve *all* problems else we won't solve *any*.

		--karl--