[ga] RE: IDNs & the GNSO New TLD PDP

  • To: Vint Cerf <vint@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] RE: IDNs & the GNSO New TLD PDP
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 05:21:22 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vint,

I will admit to a degree of discomfort with the idea
of different registries choosing among several
possible tables.  To a layman it would seem that a
standardization body should be taking the lead in this
area.  For the benefit of those of us who are neither
linguists nor engineers, could you perhaps comment on
the current standardization work that is being done in
this area by either the IETF or by the ITU?  Are there
any reasons that mitigate against the use of
harmonized tables?

=== message truncated ===