Re: [ga] Crossroads?

  • To: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Crossroads?
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 07:17:27 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff and Danny, et.al,

  Boy Howdy! And Yippidity Do!  Reading all this malcontent regarding the ALAC and promotion of some group of real individual users has me all a quiver. It looks like we have now reached a crossroads. That something is finally going to be done about getting the group together. Sorry it ain't gonna happen again.

  Egos are the first reason it will not happen, the active user group people involved have time and time again proven they cannot set their personal grandiose perspectives aside and that, in fact they are individuals and going a group takes away their autonomy. The second reason is the dotcommoner/domain name holder split. If someone is unaware; domain name holders who speak out here are really in the business. And they do not see someone who simply uses another entitities domain name or more simply just uses them as a consumer or researcher to surf the web is worthy of representation.

  So the crossroads are upon us again and we can look to the participating "individuals" to watch and argue until they are well behind us again. ICANN does not have an individual group because they suppress it, they do not have one because the "individuals" are not sufficiently motivated to set aside petty differences and do something that will benefit another rather than themselves.

 Yahoo! Personals