Re: [ga] Individual Users Constituency

At 03:37 p.m. 3/12/2005, Danny wrote:
I agree with Richard regarding the need for an
Individual Users Constituency within the GNSO.  The
GNSO has not addressed a number of issues that
continue to concern me as an individual registrant.
One of my ongoing worries pertains to the failure of
ICANN to enforce the registrar data escrow provisions
contained in the RRA -- our domain names remain at
risk, and no one in the GNSO is acting in defense of
our interests.  We must take the initiative and
establish our own constituency so that such security
concerns and other matters of importance to individual
users will be properly addressed.

Such a constituency is what Individual Users have asked for since the very beginning of ICANN's creation of the DNSO in Singapore.

Was the DNSO itself dissolved and replaced by the GNSO because its GA had voted to ask the Board to consider the IDNO constituency's recognition?

Since then , the DNS user's rights have been reduced to a tenuous kind of annual lease, payable on namespace-property that the registrants themselves have created.
Without their input in the process, the registrants' reasonable rights of secure ownership have been surrendered to an extremist IP lobby and a greedy registration industry.

I support Danny and Richard who are again calling for the recognition of a genuine Individual DNS Users constituency.

Let us see if the history of arrogant stonewalling followed by rejection by ICANN repeats itself.

--Joop--

www.icannatlarge.com