[ga] Individual Users Constituency

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Individual Users Constituency
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:37:00 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with Richard regarding the need for an
Individual Users Constituency within the GNSO.  The
GNSO has not addressed a number of issues that
continue to concern me as an individual registrant.
One of my ongoing worries pertains to the failure of
ICANN to enforce the registrar data escrow provisions
contained in the RRA -- our domain names remain at
risk, and no one in the GNSO is acting in defense of
our interests.  We must take the initiative and
establish our own constituency so that such security
concerns and other matters of importance to individual
users will be properly addressed.

--- Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>