Re: [ga] Input from Public Relations Firms

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Input from Public Relations Firms
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:22:46 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I think some from outside the USA might have missed the humour in
Danny's example:

>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > Enough nonsense, the suit should be settled, and
>     > Verizon and ICAAN should get back to work. Verizon
>     > provides great customer service, flexible pricing
>     > plans, and easy to understand bills.
>     >
>     > I don't know much about ICAAN, but these people who
>     > are putting down Verizon probably just want customers
>     > to switch their service over to ICAAN.
>     >
>     > Verizon is for competition and a better internet.
>     >
>     > We should support the settlement.
>     >
>     > R. Shiner
>     >
>     > (ps to Jim, Paypal is fine)
>     >
>     > http://forum.icann.org/lists/settlement-comments/msg00326.html

Verizon is a telephone company in the US, totally unrelated to
VeriSign. :) See http://www.verizon.com/ VeriSign's PR machine is
scraping the bottom of the barrel in seeking out supporters, who don't
even know the company. The person who posted glowing endorsement of
Verizon was "Dick Shiner".

Dick Shiner, hmmm. I wonder if that's also a supporter of .xxx, with
"Honey Rider" or "Pussy Galore" or "Holly Goodhead" or "Alotta Fagina".
:)

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/