[ga] Re: Vittorio Bertola

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Vittorio Bertola
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:26:46 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, aizu@xxxxxxx, alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Verbal/written attacks on the methodology and sincerity of ALAC abound  --- Now. The largest complaints are lack of individual participation and representation and complete lack of transparency. These are valid and proper criticisms. The question then is how to fix it.
  Well we can jump through a bunch of hoops and blow alot of whistles and slowly it may change.
  But one man has taken a very honorable course and begins to change both problems. He participates here on the GA forum, thus peeling off one layer of shade toward transparency and getting informed intelligent input into the matters at hand, which is at least some layer of participation.
  Thank you Mr. Bertola

Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ha scritto:
> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>

>>we do not grant exclusives to our
>>applicants, we just verify whether they meet some basic criteria.
>

> What criteria?! As Richard Henderson pointed, out most of your approved
> alac 'structures' don't even have a web site, and those few who do have NO
> web based mechanisms for user interaction/input/discussion!
>
> Give it up Vittorio! The sham is now patently clear to everyone. You and
> your alac DO NOT represent dns users in any way shape or form; you
> represent yourselves and you're simply another group of snouts feeding at
> the ICANN trough as Abel Wisman pointed out... Shame on you (but you
> probably have no concept of shame anyway).

Sorry, you and some other long-time GA participants seem to have a very
strange concept of dialogue. I am more than happy to discuss successes
and failures of the ALAC model both publicly and privately - in fact,
this is one of the major items on our Vancouver agenda - but only on the
basis of reciprocal respect.
Thanks,
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...

 Yahoo! Personals
 Lot's of someone's, actually. Try Yahoo! Personals