Re: [ga] Recent ICANN BoD resolutions regarding Bylaws changes, ect..

  • To: Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Recent ICANN BoD resolutions regarding Bylaws changes, ect..
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 03:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard these are good points,
Something akin to taxation without representation.  Like considering a right to vote for everyman and that excludes Women and Slaves and Aboriginies. I got a little upset about this so posted off list this concept but in light of yours perhaps I should be even more upset. I should like to hear from France and Asia on the matter also;
Eric,

  You should forward  your remarks to the ICANN BoD and staff, as
well as the DOC/NTIA legal council,one Katy Smith...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

> [...]
> "codification" does not mean writing a code, it means writing codes
as
> in the USC or UCC or UBC, no one asked these folks to write codes in
> tha sense.
> No one granted them that power. Now they really think they are a
> standards organization. this is appauling. They are not rewriting
> bylaws but rewriting the mou. Policy codification is a legislative
> act, requiring the consent of the governed, anything less is denial
of
> due process and against my several constitututional rights including
> the one I accept in Vietnam one last communist state.
> I am a peace loving pacifist. But I will put a daisey down the muzzle
> of this rifle causing grievous injury to he who fires it. "if you can
> not benefit others at least do them no harm" Dalai Lama, "turn you
> cheek 7 times 70" but he never said do not strike back" King David
and
> Mohamed. "accept defeat only when what you fight for is forever lost"
> Dr. Eric Hugh Dierker.
> This wll be to much for this Son of a Basque separist and a Sicillian
> refugee to to take lightly.
> Too much blood has dripped in my boots for me to shrink once again
and
> there is no place left to run. My family has run from prosecution for
> too long and too often, they have sacrificed their third son, me, so
> that he may know this better life and I will pass nothing less to my
> children and immigrant wife. "I have a dream where no child is left
> behind and no group usurps the indiviidual rites or rights amoung us,
> I have this dream in my waking and sleeping hours, I do not want this
> buden but it has been thrust upon me" Abraham-guess which of several,
> but he may have more statutes in Mexico than any other man. Or
perhaps
> it is the next one, me.
> When the super elite engineers deny me a voice because they know more
> than me then
> terrorism reigns. Someone is yanking at the sleeping dragons tail?
> Stupid, lest you tend to slay me and the DoC is my shield, watch out
> for they do not like their power denied.
>
> 3
>

> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,
>
> FYI
> In you the stakeholders/users names...
>
> See: http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-08apr05.htm
>
> IMHO as well as a number of our members opinion there are a
> number of troubling resolutions that we believe are not in the
> best or expressed interest of the stakeholders/users..
>
> I would be interested in any participant of this forum opinion
> whom wishes to express same publicly...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders
strong!)

Richard Henderson <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is not *how many* representatives each constituency has that concerns me,
but the *distribution* of representatives. I take the view that some
'constituencies' have an influence and representation that is
disproportionate, in comparison with consumers (for whom the Internet and
its tiny 'supply industry' are supposed to exist).

The clever stack of cards constructed by ICANN results in consumer interests
being marginalised in terms of representation, when they should be central.

Whether each constituency has 'two' representatives or 'three'
representatives is neither here nor there: even if it was 'a hundred'
representatives the imbalance would still remain.

Yrs,

Richard Henderson