Re: [ga] Recent ICANN BoD resolutions regarding Bylaws changes, ect..

  • To: "Jeff Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "General Assembly of the DNSO" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Recent ICANN BoD resolutions regarding Bylaws changes, ect..
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:16:06 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is not *how many* representatives each constituency has that concerns me,
but the *distribution* of representatives. I take the view that some
'constituencies' have an influence and representation that is
disproportionate, in comparison with consumers (for whom the Internet and
its tiny 'supply industry' are supposed to exist).

The clever stack of cards constructed by ICANN results in consumer interests
being marginalised in terms of representation, when they should be central.

Whether each constituency has 'two' representatives or 'three'
representatives is neither here nor there: even if it was 'a hundred'
representatives the imbalance would still remain.

Yrs,

Richard Henderson