Re: [ga] Introducing changes based on a consensus process

  • To: Thomas Barrett - EnCirca <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Introducing changes based on a consensus process
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:21:40 -0800
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Smith <KSMITH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, james tierney <james.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thomas and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Mr. Barrett, to start with it would seem reasonable to adhere to your
own registration agreement/contract.  It would also seem appropriate
that you police expediently all those already documented violators
of said agreement/contract without delay and not allow for
registrations such as "pussy.pro" to be considered "professional
organizations" and than further claim you have reviewed the relevant
documentation for such a registration and allowed for "pussy.pro" as
a legitimate "professional organization."

  I am positive that amongst our members and surely other professional
women's organizations, such a registration of a domain name
[ pussy.pro ] is particularly offensive in the extreme.  I personally
find it very offensive to have a discriptaive/vanacular part of a woman
anatomy as a domain name as if it was a "professional organization"
considered even remotely legitimate.  "Sluts.pro" also would have the
same consideration..

Thomas Barrett - EnCirca wrote:

>    Richard said:
> "The entire DNS industry should ensure that the public has the highest
>
> confidence that changes are being introduced to the DNS according to a
>
> well-defined process based on consensus... The Internet Community, as
> well
> as the various ICANN constituencies deserves clarity in the process
> ICANN
> uses."
>
> I wonder if you can guess which registrar said that?
>
> =============
>
> Dear Richard,
>
> I'll own up to this!
> And I'll be looking for your full support in insisting that a
> consensus
> process be followed for any contractual admendments that you, ICANN or
>
> anyone else wants to propose for .pro.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom Barrett
> EnCirca, Inc.