Re: [ga] Introducing changes based on a consensus process

  • To: Thomas Barrett - EnCirca <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Introducing changes based on a consensus process
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:56:06 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A "confidence man" speaks.
Am I, the epitome of ignorance of engineering so truly ignorant? Has dotcommoner lost all meaning? Have us stupids been working here for half a decade for nothing?
Please think of the user and not the middleman entrepeneur or the corp somethin or other.

Thomas Barrett - EnCirca <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Richard said:
"The entire DNS industry should ensure that the public has the highest confidence that changes are being introduced to the DNS according to a well-defined process based on consensus... The Internet Community, as well as the various ICANN constituencies deserves clarity in the process ICANN uses."

I wonder if you can guess which registrar said that?

Dear Richard,

I'll own up to this!
And I'll be looking for your full support in insisting that a consensus process be followed for any contractual admendments that you, ICANN or anyone else wants to propose for .pro.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Barrett
EnCirca, Inc.