Re: [ga] Priority

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Priority
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:49:52 -0800
  • Cc: ALAC@xxxxxxxxx, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, alt.wsis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
stakeholders/users,

  Nothing vitriolic in my review/mention of already documented facts,
Eric....

  I and our members want the USG in DOC/NTIA to do it's duty and job
in oversight.

  No I nor any of our members share Sotiris' view...

  I and most of our members already voted that we prefer
that Verisign remain the registry for .NET.  Yet we do not
prefer the status quo or Domain name registration policy
which ICANN has hoist upon stakeholders/users without
their consent or approval...

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    No need for a vitriolic expose' on Ester, contribute what you think
> our priorities should be.
> Do you want the US gov more or less involved?
> Do you share Sotiris' view that most dotcommoners are not qualified to
> have input due to too much Jerry Springer and not enough brains?
> Your comments leaning toward Verisign remaining in control of .net
> leads one to think you prefer the status quo.
>
> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric and all former DNSO GA members or other interested
> stakeholders/users,
>
> Esther like her one time partner during the failed ALSC experiment
> has never been interested in individual open and transparent as well
> as equal participation in the policy determination and decisions
> of ICANN. Leopards don't change their spots, despite their
> musings to the contrary for public consumption...
>
> Hugh Dierker wrote:
>
> > I find this post by Dyson telling regarding where priorities lie.
> > For me the priority is individual representation.
> > For Dyson, an American, it is the independence from the US gov.
> > http://forum.icann.org/mail-archive/alac/msg00909.html
> >
> > >From what I have witnessed the DoC and the rest of US gov have left
>
> > ICANN completely alone with only fact finding monitoring going on.
> > From what I have witnesses ICANN through ALAC has completeley left
> the
> > individual out.
> >
> > What are your priorities?