Re: [ga] ICANN caught with pants down? it should be skirts up, you sexists

  • To: "J-F C. \(Jefsey\) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN caught with pants down? it should be skirts up, you sexists
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:39:50 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great analogy/parallel here Jefsey,

Actually our license plates are a huge source of revenue.
Each state runs its' own program. You have to pay all your associated taxes on your car on a yearly basis in order to get an updated sticker each year. If your tags are expired they pull you over and tow your car or give you a ticket (more revenue inhancement). You can get specialized plates for more money - say for a cause, vets, environment, personalized plates like "Jefsey GAC". Inmates in the prisons traditionally make the plates. You must get smog certified to get one. (i think that is a conspiracy by oil companies - twisted but it makes you use gas in order to get a certificate)
Oh and don't forget interstate compacts and constitutional rights to travel. Also in border towns it is common to see one from each country. The have different rates for commercial and private and common carriers and trailers.
All of this could be analagous here.
Eric

"J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi! Georges, Paul and ohers,
Name naming is like car plate regstrations. I wander if you have in the USA
a car plate agency for names and numbers with so many complex documents,
media coverage, disputes, mailing lists, etc.
jfc

At 06:57 22/09/2004, George Kirikos wrote:
>Hello,
>As a followup to the prior news regarding the NSI anti-competitive move
>to hijack expired domains from their prior owners, ICANN has stepped up
>with 2 announcements:

etc...