[ga] Finally some spin doctoring

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Finally some spin doctoring
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 06:15:22 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is about time that ICANN uses some spin to make the best of a situation.
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-21sep04-1.htm

If I were them I would have put this on some business wires as a press release.
One little monkey with enough bananas could get this thing rolling by forwarding it to Blogs and generate more interest in domain names - increase some revenues - help the registrars help ICANN raise more dough.

Now someone tell me again - Why to registrars get to own expired domain names?

eric