Re: [ga] Re: NSI & Expired domain names -- violation of consensus deletions policy??

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: NSI & Expired domain names -- violation of consensus deletions policy??
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:21:54 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, discuss-list@xxxxxxxxxxx, "halloran@xxxxxxxxx" <halloran@xxxxxxxxx>, jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx, twomey@xxxxxxxxx, icann@xxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, ICANN BC list <BClist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ICANN Gen. Council" <general-counsel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George and all former DNSO GA members or other interested stakeholders/users,

  Goerge, you have a long reputation as being very much anti Verisign.  As
such some comments you make regarding Verisign are often times
circumspect at best.  This is one of those times.  Verisign was given
.COM in perpetuity in a "Deal" the than constituted ICANN BoD
and CEO made in order for Verisign to give up essentially, .ORG and
.NET in 2007.  Hence Verisign has the legal right to manage .COM
as they see fit indefinitely.

  Now given that the deletion policy is not truly a consensus policy
except as consensus by ICANN BoD and it's less than legitimately
constituted "Constituencies" of the GNSO, it is hardly odd that Verisign
would have such a registration contract although it is a very unfair
and unreasonable.  Ergo it is ICANN that created the now declining
scenario which it and stakeholders/users find themselves in.

    Pierre Abelard

E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827