Re: [ga] Outreach/ GM of Journalism?

  • To: "Hugh Dierker" <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Outreach/ GM of Journalism?
  • From: "Richard Henderson" <richardhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:45:49 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think Kieran is a man, Eric, but when he comes round to dinner, tell him he's welcome to come round and have a meal with me too, providing he brings a bottle of wine...

I liked the little article in your link by Denise Michel about ALAC. It is interesting that you need accreditation to participate as an individual user in ALAC... oh yes, and you're not allowed to just be an individual user. People who are just individual users are not wanted in ALAC. You have to belong to an organisation which is vetted by ICANN... how dumb is that? An individual users' structure which locks out individual users...

Of course, ALAC was only invented, because ICANN expelled the Board representatives who had been democratically elected on a one-person-one-vote basis by actual individual internet users, and ICANN needed to create a facade of continuing participation, while stopping individual users from congregating in their own right within the ICANN structures.

You can see that ALAC is a facade, because not a single message has been posted by individual users (or anyone else) for over 135 days.

But Kieran can discuss all these matters when he comes round with the wine, or better still, a bottle of Glenmorangie...

Richard H