Re: [ga] Re: New mailing list: icann-people.

  • To: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: New mailing list: icann-people.
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Funny, I wonder why you have been reading them for so many years and participating.
I think a baby troll like me may know the answer. Maybe you realize it keeps you from falling into a lockstep with people, like in American Politics, who are either for or against with input of their own.
Take care.
Eric

PS. Oh and try to remember, the fact that someone contributes alot does not make them bad, think of your place of worship, I hope you do not deride the volunteers that put in so many hours to feed hungry children, simply because they put in so much effort

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 06:53:31AM -0400,
Leah G wrote
a message of 42 lines which said:

> Why would people wish to waste time posting to a list where a single
> autocratic list-owner would probably reject or discard messages
> based on personal bias?

May be because every "open" list is quickly occupied by Jim Fleming,
Joe Baptista, Jeff Williams and a few others which have nothing else
to do in life than sending a lot of very verbose messages about any
subject?

Read the archives of the GA mailing list for, say, one year. If you do
not read the net.trolls mentioned above, what is left?