[ga] course and conuct of at largess

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] course and conuct of at largess
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:02:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I fully concur with the utopian vision as painted by the esteemed Mr. Henderson. Oh but I wish it were true.  However as I review all appropriate places for input i see no voice on matters of eminent importance to such at large groups; .net, whois, censorship, Trips, free speech, letters to representatives, Bind, Nics, ccTLDs etc. etc. If they want a cause what are they waiting for - nuclear fallout!  If, as in fact they do, need money to be ready for an invitation to the dance where is the arsenal?

Why have they not held their own elections? Note here that Iraq is scheduled for elections prior to any scheduled for Icannatlarge.  In the last few years I see no indication that the great dialectical imperitaves exist for any members of at large to stand forward without promoting their own agenda rather than the lofty Ideal Mr. Henderson sets forth.
While a commune may be a great idea and churches and co-ops perfectly set up to handle good work by good men seldom does it come down that way. Who shall be the first to sacrifice their own good for the good of the many?
Eric