Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

At 14:45 11/10/03, Don Brown wrote:
ICANN is corrupt and out of control. There's no margin in ignoring the reality and hoping that evolution will cure that ill. There are better odds, in my opinion, of Osama bin Laden converting to Catholicism.

I only pray for future générations not to remember ICANN as a murderer before Osama bin Laden.

As in charge of the Internet freezing (status quo) for four years the security conquequences will be blamed on its inablity to propose earlier and on its unwillingness to help taking the actions called by http://witehouse.gov/pcipb (I question the internationnal adequation, but which are a serious try). If comes the catastrophy they fear, I do believe that people like ALAC members may be for a short but key period of time among the only people able to help organizing a working relation with and within the rest of the hurt world.

It is a very difficult decision to decide to cooperate with a bad system for the good of the others. They acepted that. Sometimes they are trapped by this role which is not easy.
jfc