Re: [ga] request for details about ALAC members

Why do you persist in spending your time about this charade, when you
and the rest of us, fully recognize it as a shame?  That was a question
and not a criticism . . . .

You can't talk convincingly to a crook about the merits of being law
abiding - they shake their head, but it doesn't compute.  So, when you
recognize it for what it really is, I think it is time to shut up and
move on.  Don't you agree?

We can't make a difference by debating the crooks.  They have
different rules.  What we need to do is to enlist the legislature and
it takes every one of us to do that - we all need to make ICANN a
political football which the legislature must handle for political
reasons.

Otherwise, we are engaged in mental mastur* (sorry ladies), but that
is the reality of it.  There needs to be a focused and pointed action
toward the legislature, in order to get it changed for the better.
That's the reality of it, as I now see it.  I'm not very fond of wheel
spinning . . .

Thanks,

Friday, October 10, 2003, 6:02:12 PM, J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
JFCJM> At 19:19 10/10/03, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>>We can probably discuss forever about the representativity of the current
>>ALAC members, on the fact that they have not been elected by popular vote
>>of the millions of users of the Internet, but this does not make us pawns
>>in the hands of phantom interests.

JFCJM> Roberto,
JFCJM> why not simply to word ALAC as at large authoritative consultants (and
JFCJM> voluntary). There is not need for you to be elected to tell what you think
JFCJM> we say, if you only report and not defend your own opinons. But I think
JFCJM> advisable that understandi most of what you talk about, including technics,
JFCJM> in advizing an organization which pretends to be operation management
JFCJM> oriented. IMHO the lawyer of a farmer is better off understanding law than
JFCJM> farming.
JFCJM> jfc

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----