Re: [ga] New Registrar Agreement Covers Most Registrations

  • To: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New Registrar Agreement Covers Most Registrations
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:14:40 -0500

How true http://bit.ly/518HTQ

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but lately the ICANN Announcements seem as if they've
> been written by a former commissar -- they all seem to have this "it's a
> glorious day, comrades" literary style.

... well thats usually what happens sometimes when a ship is sinking ...
i.e. the Titanic sunk with the orchestra playing - so I expect will ICANN.

> In this particular announcement we aren't told that 35% of accredited
> registrars still haven't signed on to the new RAA agreement -- instead we're
> told that 88% of gTLD registrations are covered.

language - thats civil service speak.

> We aren't told that a Registrant Rights & Responsibilities document doesn't
> actually exist yet; instead we're told that we have new protections.

The goal of any bureaucracy is to keep up the illusion they are busy busy
busy beavers serving the common good.

> We aren't told that registrars have put into place a loophole that allows
> them to evade their escrow responsibilities when it comes to proxy
> registrations; instead we're told of "enhanced" data escrow requirements.

... more civil service speak.

> We aren't told that registrars rejected almost every single amendment
> proposed by anyone other than their own constituency; instead we're told
> that registrars and the ICANN community successfully collaborated to make
> sure consumers are well protected.

In a family of inbreds it is customary to keep the bitter feuds behind
closed doors and present an air of public confidence and good will.

> Perhaps just once in a while ICANN could try some honesty.

well - I've been warning you guys for years. ICANN is a dead end. there are
better solutions.

kindest regards
joe baptista

Personal: http://baptista.cynikal.net/