Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:39:10 -0400

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> This line is the one that got me --
>
> David Reed said "justification for MNP reminds him of the *days when
> countries justified having different railroad gauges to prevent invasion."
> *
> **

Yes that's an excellent comment that puts it all into perceptive. Basically
"security through obscurity". While I support and understand security
through obscurity it won't work here. MNP does not fix the problem - it only
creates a new untested protocol for hackers to hack. It's more of an
incentive to hack.

Read more on MNP ... http://bit.ly/4BGiP2

regards
joe baptista