Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:46:35 -0700 (PDT)

To tell the truth Joe I actually am pleased with this development.  I have two
reasons:

DARPA is supposed to do goofy shit. That is why I pay them the big bucks. I
want to see a real well documented model of segregation. Of course the concept
will fail. I want concrete evidence of why. I want the big boys spending
billions on a theory that has help make ICANN worthless. But I also think that
in this routine they will show us ways that gtlds outside ICANN will simply
have no problem interfacing and discoursing with ICANN protected and promoted
models. Then it will show the world it is political and not practical.

I think this models failure will help to bring out what many of us social
scientists have be saying all along.  The more we segregate military personel
from the real world the more we have a disconnect between the violence of war
and human social reality. If they are not fully integrated at the most root
level then they begin to operate on a second plain tier that allows for sefl
justification and atrocity. We know commanders and chiefs are not amoung us and
so can think on different levels of social conscience, but seperating further
the foot soldier from mom and dad and neighbor and friend will result in
diminished social norming by military.