Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] UPDATE DARPA wants military to replace TCP/IP with new "Military Network Protocol"
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:25:46 -0700 (PDT)

This line is the one that got me --

--- On Fri, 10/16/09, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Reed a computer scientist who was heavily involved in the early
development of TCP/IP knowns something about MNP and thinks the project is
"highly confused in its goals".  However according Reed "there is no way to
advise these guys".

"The core idea", says Reed, "seems to be that if you are incompatible with the
Internet, you can be secure". Reed said the justification for MNP reminds him
of the days when countries justified having different railroad gauges to
prevent invasion.

Ov'r ta the IGF they are currently herding newbies into "Ralos". How obviously
meant to divide up people with commonalities into groups that cannot reach
agreement. (perhaps that is the pentagons idea eh?) Think of ASEAN
{{Association of SouthEast Asian Nations}} Their official language is English.
You tell me if a Mekong fish farmer has more in common with a Norwegian Herring
fisherman or a Thai Monk Professor at University of Thailand. Changing gauges
at the border hmm seems designed to segregate folks -- make sure that the two
potatoe farmers along the DMZ of the Koreas have less in common.

What is north America's Ralo -- Francais, English, Spanish? In my hood it would
need Farsi and Vietnamese.  But I grew up climbing trees, running rivers and
climbing mountains I sure do not have anything in common with a Chicago boy
named Obama..  Why must I be in the same Ralo? I have a lot more in common with
a Mongolian horseman.

Read more on MNP ... http://bit.ly/4BGiP2