Re: [ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Open Letter on ICANN Non-Openness

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, GAC Rep <ssene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, icann board <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>, DOC/NTIA ICANN Rep <aheineman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kieren McCarthy <kieren.mccarthy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Open Letter on ICANN Non-Openness
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:50:06 -0700

Ross and all,

  Good point.  I can only guess that this really all depends on
how ICANN defines "Community".  Users dont seem to be
a intragal part of what ICANN seems to define as "Community",
which strikes me and our members as extremely odd to say the
least.

Ross Rader wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Danny Younger wrote:
>
> > What is quite clear, however, is that while ICANN expends
> > significant resources in support of these supplier sessions
>
> I'd be interested in seeing a calendar list of all of these sorts of
> things that ICANN supports with funding. There are a number of
> sessions that ICANN funds under the umbrella of "regional outreach". I
> think it might be helpful to get an understanding of the entire picture.
>
> My impression is that these sessions are always motivated by some sort
> of outreach goals, but it is never clear what the participatory pay-
> off is for ICANN or its constituent bodies (i.e. Atlarge and
> otherwise) and therefore, why ICANN should be so fully funding these
> initiatives vs. a stronger backing for the bottoms-up programs or
> other community priorities.
>
> /r

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827