[ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Open Letter on ICANN Non-Openness

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [NA-Discuss] Open Letter on ICANN Non-Openness
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:37:14 -0400

On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Danny Younger wrote:

What is quite clear, however, is that while ICANN expends significant resources in support of these supplier sessions

I'd be interested in seeing a calendar list of all of these sorts of things that ICANN supports with funding. There are a number of sessions that ICANN funds under the umbrella of "regional outreach". I think it might be helpful to get an understanding of the entire picture.

My impression is that these sessions are always motivated by some sort of outreach goals, but it is never clear what the participatory pay- off is for ICANN or its constituent bodies (i.e. Atlarge and otherwise) and therefore, why ICANN should be so fully funding these initiatives vs. a stronger backing for the bottoms-up programs or other community priorities.

/r