Re: [ga] ICANN Board Recommends Action on Domain Tasting

  • To: Michael Collins <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Board Recommends Action on Domain Tasting
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:48:50 -0800

Michael and all,

  I and our members recognize that there is disagreement in this
solution and recognize the effort announce by Google which is laudable.
However such disagreement has little to do with the fact that Tasting
exists today, has been occurring in an ever increasing frequency, and
the future yet known, will tell the effect, if any significant, the ICANN
Bod has taken, will have on curbing, but will never eliminate, Domain
Name Tasting which was in effect the result of questionable policy
decisions regarding RAA contracts with Registries and Registrars.

  As a number of our members are also members of ICA, as you
know Michael, they have expressed their displeasure and significant
doubts as to the ICANN Bod's decision.  We preferred a much
stronger and long lasting approach which included the dis-accreditation
of Registrars and Registries for failing to take effective, cost free action,
and punished registrants whom are engaging in Domain name Tasting
dis-allowing them to register ANY Domain names for a period of time
to be no less than one year and not to exceed 3 years as well as
recommend to governments to seek legislation that would allow of
criminal prosecution in engaging in Domain Name Tasting/Front running.

  Therefore it is unfortunate that YOU Michael have expressed for
all ICA members your disagreement with our position, without the
full consideration and agreement of the ICA members.  We hope,
that in the near future when a new administration has been elected
in the United States, specific pressure can be brought to bare to
correct this far less than long term effective ICANN Bod decision,
recognizing fully that ICANN is yet again seeking to be cut loose
from the DOC/NTIA oversight.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827