[ga] NSI immediately registering domains that are searched on their site

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] NSI immediately registering domains that are searched on their site
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 10:22:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

As discussed in the thread at:

http://www.domainstate.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=85864

Network Solutions is now immediately registering available domains that
are *searched* on their site. I don't see how this will last, though,
given that lawyers can search TM'd names, and then immediately turn
around and sue NSI for TM infringement.

For example, see the WHOIS for:

http://whois.domaintools.com/wearecybersquatters.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/we-laugh-at-icann.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/icann-staff-suck.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/verizon-should-sue-us.com

Registrant:
This Domain is available at NetworkSolutions.com
   13681 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
   HERNDON, VA 20171
   US

I would hope that they would rethink this. Or, perhaps they're just
hoping to accelerate the end of domain tasting, through this "service."

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/