RE: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] ICANN Travel Budgeting
  • From: "Debbie Garside" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:12:25 -0000

Hi Jeff

Whilst webcasting and internet video are great for those who cannot attend
the ICANN conferences, it is extremely hard to participate effectively using
this media.  It will never replace the need for face-to-face meetings IMHO.

In my experience a lot of work is conducted at coffee breaks, informal
lunches, dinners and networking events prior to the meetings.

Best

Debbie