Re: [ga] Rogue (Fraudulent) DNS Servers?

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Rogue (Fraudulent) DNS Servers?
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:25:44 -0800

Karl and all,

  It is true that creating "Views" to address some security related
problems as a result of misconfigured DNS using Bind 9 are useful
and helpful.  But it is only reasonable the recognize that first, if
DNS is configured correctly such "Views" are not necessary, and second
that the vast majority of DNS config's are on Windows OS's.  Ergo
IMO, reinforcing Matthew's earlier stated argument or concern.

  What amazes me about all of this is that such blatent disregard for
users security by many significant providers and/or domain name
holders continues and is left unchecked and subsequently uncorrected
when pointed out clearly and without doubt.  Google and Yahoo stand
out rather significantly as violators or misconfigured DNS, and improper
Whois data too boot which is a direct violation of current RAA contract.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

liability
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS. div.
of
Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214-244-4827