RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: "'George Kirikos'" <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:44:09 +0200

George Kirikos WROTE:

> Even under any plausible post-GNSO review, this would not be
> a "General Assembly" (take a look again at what the
> dictionary definition of a "general assembly" means).

You might be right. All what I am saying is that I would like to postpone
the decision until after the review.

> P.S. Vint is underpaid by Google if he has to ask for $5,000
> from ICANN, sheesh. One would think that $5,000 should be
> less than one day's salary+bonus.

The problem is not the amount of money but the conflict of interest. If Vint
is participating representing ICANN, ICANN should pay. Otherwise he would be
there representing Google, or in a personal capacity.

Cheers,
Roberto