Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, avri@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: sotiris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

George Kirikos wrote:

<snip>
> Given this person purports to be "list monitor", and indeed has
> suggested:

> "I would lke to see the GA appoint an executive and get itself a bank
> account."
>
> Thus, Question #1: Which insitution granted your doctorate degree, to
> allow for verification?

A fair question. For the sake of legitimacy and credibility, I would like
to have an answer from both Mr. Baptista and Mr. Dierker on this matter.

<snip>
> Question #3a: When you referred to "us professional" and "reserving it
> for me and my kind", was Mr. Dierker not purporting to be an active
> attorney in the state of California?

That is certainly how it appears to me... Mr. Dierker, what if any is your
response to this question?

> Question #3b: The website at:
> http://www.lukeford.com/stars/male/reuben_sturman.html gives an
> interesting theory (although provides no proof) as to why you're no
> longer practising law (see the five paragraphs beginning with "The
> attorney, Eric Dierker, has the records locked into a safe deposit box,
> and starts looking over his shoulder."
>
> Please outline the exact charges pending in 1991 by the State Bar of
> California in case #91-Q-8137, and how they might affect "trust issues"
> that would ensue as being "chair" of anything related to ICANN.

Hmm, seems the chickens have finally come home to roost.  I pointed this
out back in 2001, see:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg02672.html
I had a problem with the entire matter then, and my misgivings never went
away.

> 4. "Erik Dierker", who claims to be "chair" on the basis of 7
> unverified and unauthenticated votes out of a list of 200+ members,
> see:

> "Well, these results do not equal a mandate."
>
> has started speaking to the real press, pretending to be legitimately
> representing this "GA" to the press:
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136522-c,internetnetworking/article.html

LOL!  Now that is a point well made and well received!  All we need to do
now is have PC World run a bio piece on the "chairman of the general
assembly of ICANN's Generic Names Supporting Organization" Mr. Eric
Dierker!  That would be a fascinating piece, I am sure!  Not to mention
the wonders it will do for ICANN's public image...

> This leads to the natural question: In order to eliminate confusion
> that undermines the legitimate GNSO Council, why should the GA list not
> be renamed the "Public Discussions Mailing List"?
>
> 5. Why did Avri Doria, without performing any due diligence into the
> above, make it a priority at the GNSO Council to give the GA List,
> comprised of "Doctors and Lawyers" as above, essentially a captured
> kooks list at this point, any legitimacy?

Ms. Doria would not be the first to display some kind of special favour
with respect to Mr. Dierker... if I recall correctly, E. Dyson was also
quite chummy with Mr. Dierker back in ICANN MdR 2001...

> Given the above, I nominate Vint Cerf and Sotiris Sotiropoulos as Chair
> of the GA list (not a question, but since apparently only kooks have
> been nominated, lets put up some competition). :)  (don't bother to
> nominate me, I'm only visiting) I would hope their first acts would be
> to end this list.

George, if someone seconds the nomination I will accept.  I've had quite
enough of the farce.  Of course, if Dr. Cerf were to show any interest in
the post, I would gladly step aside.

Be Well,

Sotiris Soiropoulos