Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Questions for Joe Baptista / Eric Dierker, and why the GA list should be ended
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

George,

What's the real point of your tirade?

Participants on this list have become active
contributors to ICANN processes.  They have joined the
WHOIS WG as observers, they are participating in the
ALAC's RAA WG, they have sent through comments to the
Public Forums (RAA, .museum, domain tasting, new
gTLDs, NARALO, etc.) to a far greater degree than
members of any other constituency.

You're a member of the BC... so tell us, where is the
BC contribution on the topic of registrant
protections?  Where are their suggestions for
revisions to the RAA?  Where did you post your own
recommendations?  At least the people here give a damn
and make an effort.  That's more than can be said for
many of your peers.

How do you have the gall to criticize these volunteers
that are doing their best to stay informed and
contribute meaningfully while your own constituency
members are characterized more by their absence than
by any of their contributions?

Sure we have some kooks on this list, but that's the
consequence of having an open and publicly archived
discussion list -- something the BC doesn't have, does
it?  Apparently it also has no respect whatsoever for
the ICANN bylaws that call for operating to the
maximum extent feasible in an open and transparent
manner.

That lack of respect must have rubbed off on you as
your latest remarks are abusive in the extreme and
serve no constructive purpose.  Since when did you
need to resort to personal attacks in order to make a
point?  Get a grip.

http://www.icann.org/announcements/gnso-review-report-sep06.pdf

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136522-c,internetnetworking/article.html

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/general%20assembly

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/10/29/ex_icann_ceo_outrages/

> "We [INEGroup] again warned you over a year ago
> about most of these
> problems, and all of them long before Sept 11. YOU
> Mike, and the ICANN
> Board of Directors basically ignored those warnings.
> Many others also
> warned of these same problems. YOU called them
> 'Kooks' in a Wired
> article in July '99! Remember that Mike!?""
>
> and of course now Kieren has a cushy job at ICANN.
> Or, perhaps ICANN's
> positions are changing, and that while under the
> leadership of Mike
> Roberts, INEGroup was considered "kooks", but under
> folks like Avri
> Doria and Kiren McCarthy, these are entities that
> should be raised up,
> above the GNSO Chair itself, in terms of visibility?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

=== message truncated ===