[ga] Re: results of your vote for GA Chair

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: results of your vote for GA Chair
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 10:37:35 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

GA,

  Well, these results do not equal a mandate. Therefor the route forward is less clear than we would want. We could pack it in and call it a failure. We could charge forward and act like this is as powerful a vote as we need. Or we can take the results as an indication that a strong Chairman style is not desired and create an inclusive atmosphere that will indicate the positions of the GA through consensus, both major and minor.

  I chose the last option and ask for supportive participation by those interested. (OK, we will take non-supportive also) I would ask for people who are so inclined to set forth the parameters of a WG and a method by which to move forward. I see the following;

  At-Large
  GNSO
  Registrants
  Whois
  Registrars - RAA
  TLDs

  The speed in which these matters are handled are in direct correlation to the work put into them.  I entreat those who participate here to now do it in a fashion that will produce tangible results.

  Eric

terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  Results

I endorse Eric Dierker for Chair: 7 votes (37%)

I endorse Sotiris Sotiropoulos for vice Chair: 9 votes (47%)

I do not endorse Eric Dierker for Chair: 2 votes (11%)

I do not endorse Sotiris Sotiropoulos for vice Chair: 1 vote (5%)

Vote at http://www.pollingbooth.info