ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives

[dow2tf]

[dow2tf] Introduction

  • To: dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [dow2tf] Introduction
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:28:08 EDT
  • Sender: owner-dow2tf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to offer a revision to the Introduction.  Based on my review of
our comments, I am not sure where "uniform implementation of WHOIS policy by
all registrars" arises as an agreed upon recommendation point?

In our data gathering of ccTLD policies, we found variation in the
presentation of WHOIS data based on national law.  To NCUC, compatibility with national
law takes precedence over uniformity.  Is there a way to redraft with both
concepts in mind?

Thanks, Kathy