[council] GNSO letter to the ICANN Board regarding Public Participation

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GNSO letter to the ICANN Board regarding Public Participation
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:13:44 +1100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

In Cairo I was asked to head a drafting team to author a letter to the ICANN
Board conveying our disappointment in the Public Participation sessions at the
Cairo Meeting and to address the concern that ICANN was trending to reduce the
amount of "contact sessions" between the Public and the Board - a vital part of
the ICANN Meetings.

Please find attached the letter that we submit to the Council for approval to
go to the Board.

Avri, can you please provide the appropriate comment period and detail the
process for this to happen.

Thanks to Chuck, Avri and Kristina for their assistance.

Adrian Kinderis