RE: [registrars] The Iron Fist of Iron Mountain;-(

  • To: "Registrars Constituency and observers" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] The Iron Fist of Iron Mountain;-(
  • From: <Nicrelations@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:01:43 +0200
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Having being dealing with all sorts of Registries around the world, I can tell you IM´s contract isn´t really that odd... and most of them actually have more or less the same amount of space to write your company name (and you can imagine that "Ascio Technologies inc. - Denmark" is not really the easiest name to squeeze in there either ;)).

Since our company purchased a license for Adobe Acrobat Professional (ironically, we mostly use it to make our pdf forms easy to fill in for our customers ;)), I solved the problem by using "brute force" and modifying the text in the pdf directly: this way I don´t have to write by hand (it´s amazing how years of computer usage have made handwriting so painful) and the contract looks nicer and more readable.

Ehi... Maybe I can start a business reselling fillable contracts to my fellow registrars ;)

For those of you who don´t see a reason for giving 449 bucks to Adobe just to fill in tiny spaces in pdf contracts, you can either use an online converter like http://www.zamzar.com (quality of the results vary), or if you are linux enthusiasts like me you can simply go for PDFEdit (which is actually easier to use than Acrobat Pro :)). I found a nice tutorial for Ubuntu here http://howtoforge.com/editing_pdf_files_pdfedit_ubuntu_feisty

Hope this helps :)

BR
Francesco Cetraro
Ascio