[registrars] The Iron Fist of Iron Mountain;-(

  • To: Registrars Constituency and observers <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] The Iron Fist of Iron Mountain;-(
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:41:28 -0700
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Registrars and Observers:<br><br>
In my life, I've seen some nit picking companies.&nbsp; But today, I've
seen a new low in unnecessary nit picking;-(<br><br>
Here is the start of the Iron Mountain Escrow Agreement:<br><br>
This Registrar Data Escrow Agreement (&quot;Agreement&quot;) among
_____________ (&quot;Registrar&quot;),<br>
a(n)_____________, Iron Mountain Intellectual Property Management, Inc. A
Delaware<br>
corporation (&quot;Escrow Agent&quot;), ...<br><br>
The Agreement is presented in .pdf format, the space in which the
registrar is expected to type or hand write the company name and the
space after &quot;a(n)&quot; are about 13 spaced long or one
inch.<br><br>
My company name, &quot;Domains Only, Inc.&quot;. 17 characters to squeeze
into the space.&nbsp; But I managed.<br><br>
Seeing the minuscule space after &quot;a(n)&quot;, I wrote
&quot;Corp.&quot;.&nbsp; I figured that if they wanted more, they would
have provided more space. Usually the entity creating the Agreement has
the decency to provide additional space for the jurisdiction in which a
corporation, partnership or individual is registered and/or
authorized.<br><br>
They demand that I write <font size=2 color="#000080">?<b>Washington
State Corporation</b>?.. </font>That's twenty eight spaces.&nbsp; I just
don't think it will fit in that space and still be legible.<br><br>
Do they want me to send them a new copy of page 1?&nbsp; No, they want me
to prepare again the entire contract, thirteen pages --- in
triplicate.<br><br>
If this the kind of stupidity we can expect from Iron Mountain in
perpetuity, they will be able to make registrars lives a living
hell.&nbsp; Can someone please tell me how else I can handle the Escrow
requirements?<br><br>
Disgusted, BobC<br><br>
P.S.&nbsp; I thought about sending this Email a while, reread it several
times, and still think it should be posted.&nbsp; If anyone (other that
Iron Mountain) is offended by the tone, I offer my abject apologies.<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
&quot;Measure twice and cut once.&quot;<br>
 From &quot;Little Britches&quot;.<br><br>
&quot;To err is human, but to *really* mess up, you need a
computer&quot;.<br>
Meg Nakano, 2003 </body>