    Subject: [registrars] GNSO Whois Studies working group
    From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Thu, April 03, 2008 11:28 am
    To: Registrar Constituency <registrars@gnso.icann
    <mailto:registrars@gnso.icann>.org>

    All,

    Last week the GNSO Council approved this motion on WHOIS:

    ----------
    Resolved to form a group of volunteers to:
    1. Review and discuss the *Report on Public Suggestions on Further
    Studies of WHOIS.*

    2. Develop a proposed list, if any, of recommended studies for which
    ICANN staff will be asked to provide cost estimates to the Council.

    3. Deliver the list of recommendations with supporting rationale not
    later than 24 April 2008.

    I have volunteered for the group but it is open to others. Please let
    me, Adrian, or Tom know if you are interested in participating and we
    will forward you name to the Council.

    The *Report on Public Suggestions on Further Studies of WHOIS* can be
    found here:
    http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/whois-study-suggestion-report-25feb08.pdf

    Thanks,

    Tim

I wrote to Tim earlier in the day with an expression of interest.