[registrars] RC Announcement

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] RC Announcement
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 03:46:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Registrars:

I wanted to update you on a couple of things.

First, notwithstanding our dues increase, we already have almost as many
members as last year and more than the year before.  Second, I am
pleased to announce on behalf of the Executive Committee that Clarke
Walton will be joining us as a part-time Registrar Constituency Advocate
to assist us with our ICANN advocacy.  He will be drafting and
coordinating constituency statements and position papers on a host of
issues.  He is a lawyer based in Las Vegas and will call into our
meeting in Delhi at some point to introduce himself.  Below is some
biographical information about Clarke.

Thanks.

Jon

-------

Clarke Douglas Walton is an attorney focused on Internet and Domain Name
law. A significant component of Clarke's law practice involves
representing parties in domain name related matters.

Clarke has represented domain name registrars and registrants in
disputes under the UDRP and in federal court. He has consulted with
registrars on policy matters including drafting terms of service and
privacy agreements, and he regularly consults with domain name
registrants regarding trademark issues. He also has experience
representing parties involved in domain name transactions including
drafting and negotiating buy/sell, lease, and auction agreements.

Clarke has received invitations to speak about domain name and trademark
law issues at industry conferences including Webmasterworld's Pubcon,
Search Engine Strategies, and Search Marketing Expo.

Before founding Walton Law Firm, Clarke was a managing executive at a
search engine optimization company based in Southern California.

Clarke earned his law degree, with honors, from the William S. Boyd
School of Law at University of Nevada-Las Vegas. He earned his B.S.
degree from Pepperdine University. Clarke is a member of the Nevada Bar,
International Trademark Association, and American Intellectual Property
Law Association.