RE: [registrars] Collected Uses of AGP unrelated to Tasting/Kiting

  • To: "'Jothan Frakes'" <jfrakes@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] Collected Uses of AGP unrelated to Tasting/Kiting
  • From: "Thomas Barrett - EnCirca" <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:29:17 -0400
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jothan,

This is a great summary.  I would like to add another use of the AGP:

I'll call this "Buyer's Remorse"

We do a lot of business in the domains where the price tag typically exceeds
$100 per name.  The typical order can contain several names, increasing the
price tag to over $1000.

As a general policy, we accept order cancellations within the AGP.  In fact,
we prefer it to the alternative of an unhappy customer who is may feel
inclined to pursue a charge-back.  The customer is relieved and more likely
to be more prudent the next time around.

The AGP is one of the few pro-consumer ICANN policies that exists.  It
should stay in place.

best regards,

Tom Barrett
EnCirca