RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 06:55:50 -0700
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What I suggest is that instead of making exceptions to 7.1(b) or similar
clauses in other agreements, make an exception to 7.1(c) or similar
clauses in other agreements.

Given Paul Twomey's recent post, it amazes me that the Staff or Board
would actually consider circumventing the use of accredited registrars
in this way. Perhaps the accreditation process needs shoring up, and no
doubt enforcement needs to be fixed. But the answer certainly isn't
dumping the whole thing and allowing organizations not bound to
applicable rules and consensus policies to register names directly.

Tim