RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal

  • To: "CORE Secretariat" <secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [registrars] FW: MUSEUM proposal
  • From: "Nicrelations" <nicrelations@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:10:50 +0100
  • Cc: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Werner,
I totally agree with you on the fact that from an economic perspective the .museum request will not have much impact on any of us.
My point is that this is a question of principle and not of money, and it should be treated as such.

I don´t think ICANN Accredited Registrars are a cartel, and I truly believe that all the member of the RC sincerely want to contribute to improve the quality and reliability of the DNS as a whole: internet and the DNS have grown to be a vital resource of the world economy, and personally as a customer I´d rather rely upon a certified and proven professional for my domains rather than on Homer Simpson´s CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet, just like I go to a licensed physician rather than to a dr. Nick Riviera when my stomach hurts, or to a registered lawyer for my legal problems and not to Lionel Hutz ;).

If the registrar´s "certification" process has flaws and proves to be inefficient in its current form, we need to focus our efforts on getting it fixed soon, not to breaking it even more.
As for .museum, my hope is that Musedoma can put some serious analysis in what has not worked so far with their tld, rather than looking for the magic quick fix that will make all their problems go away.

Best Regards
Francesco Cetraro
Ascio Technologies inc.