[registrars] Votebot balloting procedures. (Spam filters)

  • To: RC Voting Members <votingmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Votebot balloting procedures. (Spam filters)
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:45:10 -0700
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Cristin Donahue" <jberryhillcd@xxxxxxxxx>, Dan Busarow <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Members and Associates:

It is possible that ballots are being caught in spam filters. Here is an example:

Your email to joyce@xxxxxxxxx is being held by MailGate, an anti-spam filtering feature from Web Express. This feature is designed to protect the recipient from unsolicited email. Your email will only be delivered after either you or the recipient has authenticated it. If it is not authenticated in 10 days, it will be deleted.

To authorize the delivery of your email to joyce@xxxxxxxxx, please go to the website http://mailgate1.webex.net/authen.php?MID=5c5ccc14-47c3-804d-c895d59ff61b and follow the instructions there.

Please excuse this inconvenience and you will only have to authenticate your address this one time.

Thank you,

support@xxxxxxxxx

end quote:

While I can respond to this Email, it may not be possible for Votebot to respond, with the result that the voting member does not receive any ballots. That is why I have sent this and my prior Email to the general RC mailing list.

The "Calls for Votes" come from the following Email address:

	 registrar_vote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please take the necessary procedures so that mail from this Email address are acceptable by your spam filters.

Regards,
BobC
Treasurer