Re: [registrars] Registrar Statement friendly amendment

At 05:47 AM 4/18/06, Marcus Faure wrote:
I suggest to alter 2b. While this may be appropriate for gTLDs,
it is not for sTLDs. sTLDs operate in a defined environment with
special needs, the GNSO has only limited insight. The delegation of
"certain" policy making decisions is appropriate  - and necessary
unless you want the sTLD to stall -  provided the policy
range is well-defined. The problem is to find a definition of the term
"certain".

Dear Marcus: What you are doing is to propose an amendment to the original motion. Our By-Laws and Rules of Procedure have established an alternate to Robert's Rules for handling amendments.

Jon has the option of amending the original motion if he accepts your amendment as a "friendly amendment", If he does not do so, we will have a separate vote on your proposed amendment.

Reading on, I see that Ross has commented on your proposed amendment and that Tim has proposed what he hopes Jon will accept as a "friendly amendment".

I concur with Ross' statement that the amending process, both friendly and unfriendly, is structured in such a manner that it will not result in a delay in the vote on the original motion.

I am pleased to see the orderly manner in which this motion is moving forward with thoughtful, rational debate taking place by Email.

Regards, BobC